Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM
Atollic® TrueSTUDIO® for ARM® has been given the EDN magazine’s "Hot 100 products of 2011" award! Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM supports C/C++ development for over 1300 ARM devices from leading ARM-based semiconductor manufacturers.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM supports over 1300 different ARM devices, over 90 evaluation boards and a number of JTAG probes as outlined below. Additionally it contains a target specific project wizard, linker file generator and SFR (peripheral register) viewer, as well as RTOS-aware debugger, a crash analyzer and support for Serial Wire Viewer real-time tracing (using SWV, SWD and SWO), providing a state-of-the art solution for ARM developers.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM is CMSIS compliant, simplifying software re-use, reducing the learning curve for new microcontroller developers and reducing the time to market for new devices.
Generic ARM support
Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM provides generic support for the following ARM cores in the ARM7™, ARM9™, Cortex™-M, Cortex-R and Cortex-A families:
- Dual-core support
Vendor specific target support
- Atmel® ARM®-based Solutions
- Energy Micro® EFM™32
- Freescale® Kinetis™ and Freescale Vybrid ™
- Fujitsu® FM3™
- Infineon XMC4000
- NXP LPC
- STMicroelectronics® STM32™
- Texas Instruments® Stellaris®
- Toshiba® TX™
Semiconductor manufacturers introduce new microcontroller derivatives continously and our website may not list all the latest devices that are in fact supported by our products. Contact Atollic for updated information if the device you are interested in is not listed here.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM supports a number of different debuggers:
- Segger J-Link
- STMicroelectronics ST-LINK and ST-LINK/V2
- Atmel SAM-ICE™
- OSJTAG and P&E Multilink
- Other gdbserver compatible JTAG probes
Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM contains a project wizard that auto-generates C and C++ projects (managed as well as unmanaged modes) for ARM devices. Most example projects handle:
- Power-on reset handling
- Interrupt vector table
- Initialization of the runtime environment
- Device driver library
- Example main() application that uses the device driver library (if applicable)
- Target adapted linker configuration file
In most cases, the semiconductor manufacturer’s device driver library is bundled with the product and integrated into the project wizard; i.e. when a new project is created, the firmware library is auto-generated along with the example application.
Additionally, our innovative Atollic TrueSTORE contains over 1150 free example projects that can be downloaded from the internet with just a mouse-click!
Other Atollic products for ARM development
Atollic also provide the following products for ARM development:
- Atollic TrueINSPECTOR provides static source code inspection (MISRA®-C) and code metrics, such as code complexity measurements. This product is now a standard feature of Atollic TrueSTUDIO!
- Atollic TrueANALYZER measures test quality in-target by performing dynamic execution flow analysis, providing advanced code coverage analysis (MC/DC-level)
- Atollic TrueVERIFIER provides embedded in-target test automation
RTOS & middleware support
Atollic TrueSTUDIO is one of the fastest growing products on the embedded systems development tools market. Many RTOS and middleware suppliers are thus integrating their products with Atollic TrueSTUDIO. More details are available here.
Some or all the features described on this page may not be available in all product versions. Please read the feature comparison for detailed information on what features are available in different product versions.
Atollic, Atollic TrueSTUDIO, Atollic TrueINSPECTOR, Atollic TrueANALYZER and Atollic TrueVERIFIER are trademarks or registered trademarks of Atollic AB. "MISRA C" is a registered trademark of MIRA Ltd, held on behalf of the MISRA Consortium. ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Ltd.